Benefits of Opening Industry in Sidcul
Whenever an industrial area is started by any Government in their state, they provide many attractive rebates and exemption to new companies and industries to attract them. By this both Government and company owners are benefited as the Government gets employment and growth for their states and industry employer get good concessions and a rebate from the Government.
Image source: TravelInsuranceMagzine.com
Since the development of SIDCUL industrial area in Uttarakhand in 2002, lots of companies and industries had been setup in sidul area which has given employment to lakhs of people of Uttarakhand and other states.
There are 6 sidcul industrial area in Uttarakhand in Udhamsingh Nagar, Haridwar, Sitarganj, Dehradun, & Kotdwar and all of them have good numbers of companies. Below is the link to complete list of Industries in Sidcul.
Integrated Industrial Estate at BHEL, Haridwar
Integrated Industrial Estate at Pantnagar
IT Park, Dehradun
Bio-Tech Park Dehradun
Pharma City – Selaqui, Dehradun
Growth Centre at Pauri
Integrated Industrial Estate at Sitarganj
There are many benefits of establishing your company/industry in Sidcul area Uttarakhand like tax exemption, investment subsidy etc. and below are the benefits of opening your industry in Sidcul Uttarakhand in detail.
1. 100% Income Tax exemption for 1st 5 years and 30% for next 5 years for the Companies and 25% for others which comes in production by 31 March 2012.
2. Capital Investment Subsidy @15% with maximum of Rs. 30 Lakhs (Rs. 3 million) which companies comes in production by 31 March 2013.
3. Exemption from entry tax on Plant & Machinery for setting up Industry or undertaking substantial expansion and modernization.
4. Land use conversion and development charges and regime will be rationalized.
5. Stamp duty concession will be provided in respect of land in specialized commodity parks, including I.T. parks.
6. Interest incentive @ 3% with a maximum of Rs. 2 Lakhs per annum per unit shall be provided to New Small Scale Industries (SSIs) and existing SSIs for modernization and substantial expansion, provided they have available loan from State level Financial Institutions or Banks operating in Uttarakhand and not defaulted in payment of principal or interest installments. However, for S.S.I. units and units notified as Thrust Industries being set up in remote areas, the interest incentive shall be granted @ 5% with a maximum of Rs. 3 Lakhs/annum.
The interest incentives shall be admissible to the unit only if it remains in operation for last installment, failing which the Government will have the right to recover the amount of incentive availed.
7. For the purpose of Interest Incentive, Substantial Expansion shall mean additional investment of not less than 25% of the underpreciated book value of plant and machinery of an industrial unit
8. For the purpose of the Interest incentive, modernization of new existing Industrial units means additional investment to the extent of 25% of the underpreciated book value of plant and machinery, made in acquisition of plant and machinery and technical know-how for such modernization.
9. For revival/rehabilitation of sick SSI units, interest incentive @ 3% with a maximum of Rs. 2 Lakhs per annum shall be provided on the loan taken under fully tied up revival and rehabilitation package from financial institutions, banks etc. For entrepreneurs in remote areas the interest incentive will be granted @ 5% with a maximum of Rs. 3 Lakhs per annum.
The interest incentive shall be admissible to the units only if it remains in operation for minimum of 3 years from the date of disbursement of last installment, failing which Government will have the right to recover the entire amount of incentive availed.
10. In the case of sick non-SSI units, Government will sympathetically consider measures required under revival/rehabilitation package drawn by Operating Agency/Financial Institutions/Banks.
11. 100% exemption on Entertainment tax will be allowed for Multiplex project in the State for period of three years, and for all new amusement parks and ropeways for five years.
12. 75% of the Total Expenditure subject to a maximum of Rs. 2 Lakhs incurred in obtaining national/internationally approved quality marks such as ISO series certificate etc., shall be reimbursed to the entrepreneurs provided that the reimbursement/grant availed for this from all sources should not exceed the total expenditure on this head.
13. 50% of the expenses subject to a maximum of Rs. 1 Lakhs incurred in installing pollution control equipments shall be reimbursed to the entrepreneurs, provided that the total reimbursement/grant availed for this from all sources should not exceed the total expenditure on this head.
14. 75% of the cost subject to a maximum of Rs. 2 Lakhs shall be made available to the entrepreneurs in the shape of assistance for registering their patents, provided that the total reimbursement/grant availed for this from all sources should not exceed the total expenditure on this head.
15. For educated unemployed youth, financial loan assistance for project up to Rs. 2 Lakhs in case of Manufacturing/Services Industry and project up to Rs. 1 Lakhs in business sector shall be available under the “PRIME MINISTER ROZGAR YOJNA” with subsidy of 15% of the project cost subject to a maximum of Rs. 15,000. Age limit has also been relaxed under this scheme from 35 years to 40 years.
16. Industries generating employment opportunities shall be encouraged.
17. Purchase preference and price preference will be given to State SSIs in State purchases.
18. Purchase preference shall be accorded to Non-SSI units within the State vis-à-vis units outside the State.
19. Matching State subsidy on approved projects of National Horticulture Board (NHB), Agriculture & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) subject to a maximum of Rs. 20 Lakhs and subject to a total subsidy not exceeding over 50% of the project cost.
Source: Sidcul.com & Wikipedia
Uttarakhand government time to time bring development to the state with its new policies and vision. Recently they have also launched Employment cum skill development allowance for unemployed Uttarakhand youth.
So if you are planning to open an industry then Uttarakhand Sidcul area is the perfect destination. You can download all related forms for company establishment in Sidcul official website.